Web Info Systems 2013
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Timeline and Deadlines

4 posters

Go down

Team Timeline and Deadlines Empty Team Timeline and Deadlines

Post  KamiNel Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Team,
I feel that it would be beneficial if we set up our own set of deadlines for group projects so that we can keep ahead and not wait till the last few days to finish things up. Our group projects look like they are a majority of our grade, this weeks was 75 points, the most points out of all of this weeks assignments.

I know most of us work full time so I spread it out so that there wouldn't be a ton due at once, so it was manageable after work and the other individual class assignments.

Here is what I was thinking, please let me know your thoughts, make any change/corrects etc. This is just my thoughts and we can easily change them to work with everyone's schedule.

Monday - start of week
Tuesday -
Wednesday - All team members make initial posts for assignment by 9pm (10pm Central)
Thursday - Review other team members posts - ask questions, make suggestions
Friday - Decided on final direction, options, etc. from those presented by each member by 5pm (6pm Central)
Saturday - Write, diagram, design, code etc. whatever is needed for project by 5pm (6pm Central)
Sunday - Make final minimal changes and turn in final team assignment by 9pm (=10pm Central for Peggie)
Monday - end of week professor's due date for assignment is by 9pm (which is 10pm Central)

I would honestly prefer not to be doing the majority of the work on Saturday but I'm thinking it might be the only day everyone has free. What are everyone's thoughts? I would love to have it all done and turned in by Friday but I don't think that would be possible with a group.

Please make any changes you see fit! Wink

Kami

KamiNel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Team Timeline and Deadlines Empty Team deadlines

Post  peggywaite Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Kami,
Thank you for you thoughtfulness in putting this together. I think all of this is completely reasonable. Would it be beneficial to assign specific weeks to people or should we play this by ear and see how it progresses. I work two jobs and travel for work--so, I like to plan my work and school load out as much as possible. I know there will always be extenuating circumstances (I spent last night in the hospital and am just getting home)--but if we have certain parts that we are accountable for--I find this easier. At least for me. Just my two cents. I'm easy to work with--so, I will go with what the group thinks is best. Thanks.

Peggy

peggywaite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Team Timeline and Deadlines Empty Re: Team Timeline and Deadlines

Post  KamiNel Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Assigning weeks is great by me! I'm pretty easy going as well but do like to plan ahead as my clients tend to have a lot of "emergencies" that need to be done yesterday.

So I'm good with whatever the group decides as well.
Kami

KamiNel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Keilor Brown Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I am on the east coast, if that matters.

I am okay with these deadlines, however we have a member of our group who isn't active, at least not this week... So assigning weeks might be something we hold off on until we talk to the professor about this... how do y'all feel about that?

Keilor Brown
Admin

https://webinfosystems2013.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Team Timeline and Deadlines Empty Deana

Post  KamiNel Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Ya I'm not sure about Deana either.

Abi - are you cool with this timeline?

As long as everyone else is cool with the timeline, I say we proceed with it.. We just won't assign her a week yet and if she is not ok with it once we speak with her then we can adjust?

Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Kami

KamiNel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Team Timeline and Deadlines Empty Timeline

Post  dac8149 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 am

I want to apologize to all of you. I am really new to the online class idea. I am good with the timeline. What are our next steps?

Sorry again -Deana

dac8149
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down