Web Info Systems 2013
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Term Project Instructions

Go down

Term Project Instructions Empty Term Project Instructions

Post  KamiNel Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 am

Project Direction #2

Due Date: 10/21/2012

Class: You have used your creative minds and developed a company or idea to build a database. You have followed the system development lifecycle and have a great idea to start with. Now the time as come to start using this class to help you build your database.

The next step is to pick out some nouns in your project description. For example, In a project I have done we had invoices, invoice distributions and suppliers. These nouns are entities or tables that we used to create our ER Model. Then we reviewed all the adjectives and verbs that described the nouns and they became the attributes or columns.

Take some time and review your project descriptions and come up with five entities and some attributes that describe the entity.

Please do not exceed more that five attributes for each entity.

So I have the following entities and attributes:

INVOICES INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS SUPPLIERS

# Invoice_id # Invoice_distribution_id #Supplier_id

Invoice_num Invoice_distribution_line_num Name

Invoice_type Line_type Address

Supplier_id Invoice_id

So what you are doing is taking your creative idea and starting to move the nouns and adjectives you have identified into a logical model. i.e. the ER model.

FOR NEXT WEEK:

Go back through your proposal and review to make sure that your proposal meets the project requirements.
Complete your ER model.
Mike

KamiNel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Term Project Instructions Empty ERD - nouns

Post  KamiNel Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Team,
Here are my ideas for the nouns or entities for our tables:
Foods
Activities
Users